Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our sites.
Users may visit anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Important! users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
“A Cookie file is – according to Wikipedia – a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past. This can include clicking particular buttons, logging in, or a record of which pages were visited by the user even months or years ago. More information on that topic can be found on Wikipedia.”
Purposes of storage and gaining access to cookies:
- Website personalisation (for example: saving font size, sight challenged version of website or template version)
- Saving data or user’s decisions (for example: no need to enter login and password on every website, remembering login during the next visit, keeping information on products added to cart)
- Social websites integration (for example: displaying your friends, fans or post publishing on Facebook or Google+ directly from the website)
- Adjusting adverts that are display on the website
- Creating website’s statistics and flow statistics between different websites
Below one can find links to sources showing how to set the conditions of storage and gaining access to cookies already stored in user’s device for the most popular internet browsers.
Due to vast number of technological solutions it is not possible to publish clear guidelines how to set the conditions of storage and gaining access to cookies using settings of all available devices and software installed on them. However, in most cases, select “Tools” or “Settings” and there find the section that corresponds to the configuration settings for cookies or for the management of privacy. Detailed information is usually provided by the manufacturer of the device or browser in a manual or on their website.
How we use collected information
Again, you can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but remember these may stop our website from functioning properly.
This Website Will:
- Try to inspire you and show some awesome travel destinations 🙂
- Remember what pages you have viewed
- Remember if you have made date/period selections
- Remember where you are in the navigational structure and your preferred language
- Remember if you are logged in and that your session is secure.
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics so we know if the articles are interesting or not…
This Website Will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pocket (or other networks if available)
This website will not:
- Share or trade any personal identification with third parties!
Jämtland Härjedalen Turism may also collect and use users personal information for the following purposes:
– To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
– To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Sharing your personal information
Again, we do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Jämtland Härjedalen Turism
SE-831 34 Östersund
Email: support [at] jht.se
This document was last updated on September 12, 2016